Representation

 The representation in this film is somewhat in a fair balance between a realistic portrayal & stereotypical with Isaiah being a somewhat basic idea of what someone who is deaf might act. However I do hope that when playing the role of Isaiah, I am able to capture how outside of his deafness & bipolar personality, he lives a completely normal life making him more relatable as a character. As for his bipolar disorder i've yet to come up with any sort of representation in that matter. While I have seen in games & in movies how people with a bipolar disorder people are represented, I do still need to research more on this topic as I feel I lack the knowledge to best represent someone with a bipolar disorder in the role I am condemned to play.

Isaiah isn't necessarily a character that challenges any forms of representation. He plays into the isolated or "different" person role and is more welcome to these generalizations but he plays into a more unique scenario as a character that is both challenged by & accepting of things he may consider flaws. If anything were to change in how about Isaiah's character, it would most likely be his bipolar disorder, after more research i'll decide if anything needs to change as a result in the lack of representation, but for now I hope Isaiah properly portrays proper representation




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Camera Shots & Angles